This is a cool add-in for Office that came down at Windows Update.
Microsoft Office Live Workspace
Save your documents to the Web—for free!
Access files from anywhere
- View documents from almost any computer with a Web browser
- No more flash drives—files are there when and where you need them
- Password-protected document sharing; you control who views and edits
- Simplified online collaboration; everyone works from the same documents
Work with programs you know
- Save over 1,000 Microsoft Office documents in one online place
- Manage documents in one convenient place
- Open and save files from familiar programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Synchronize contact, task, and event lists with Outlook
Just accept the license terms upon install
And at your first run of any of your office application, you will be prompted with this. You may need a live id to use its web services, fortunately I always sign on at the office.
This is the confirmation mail that I got after the registration process.
Its like your own personal sharepoint services 😀 Have your document be ready anytime anywhere.
its all at http://workspace.officelive.com/