Well, welcome Alvin! We are excited for new good things to come our way.
Everybody is here, for the MVP’s Jon Limjap, Roman Canlas, Edu Lorenzo, Norbert Aquende, Toto Gamboa, Allan Magune, Elczar Adame, John Delizo, Patrick Oliveros, Eufer Passion, Warren Yu. For the DPE, its Alvin Gendrano, Tim De Dios, Zandra Nicholas and Arnie Locsin! (hope I did not forgot anybody :P)
Ok if you encounter a freshly installed Windows 7 client and are not using dynamic memory on hyper-V even though you have already set it in options that it should – try upgrading the Integration Services.
Just go to actions then choose “Insert Integrations Services Setup Disk”.
Then when autoplay comes, just run.
Click ok on UAC
While installing, grab a beer and walk away.
Restart when appropriate.
Will install some updates….
After booting.. WHALAHH!
All clients are now running dynamic memory!
This post is dedicated to the one that called me earlier while I am at work asking about this so I figured, lets just post this overdue draft! Good luck tomorrow!
A thing worth posting, Note to SELF: If you are installing SharePoint 2010 on a standalone configuration, make sure that the machine where you are installing MUST HAVE ACCESS TO THE DOMAIN CONTROLLER where it is a member of.
For the one that needs more info, here is the stack trace from the PSDiagnosticsLog:
Exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: User cannot be found.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPContentDatabase database, SPSiteSubscription siteSubscription, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName, String secondaryContactEmail, String quotaTemplate, String sscRootWebUrl, Boolean useHostHeaderAsSiteName)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPSiteSubscription siteSubscription, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName, String secondaryContactEmail, Boolean useHostHeaderAsSiteName)
P.S. No screenshot for now, as I have fixed it and would not be possible to replicate, besides its 1AM already, geez!