Upgrading my projects was easy.
I download and installed the 2.1.300-RC1 from https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-core/sdk-2.1.300-rc1 and for VS2017 it should also show on your notifications window by the way.
Once my tools are upgraded I then did some minor changes on all of my CSPROJ.
Make sure that the target framework is 2.1 and the Package Reference version is 2.1.0-rc1-final. Rebuild and viola, .NET Core 2.1. Here’s an example of one of my API’s.
I would not cover the other new and shiny things about .NET Core 2.1-RC like the one from Preview1 and Preview2 but certainly you can look it up here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2018/04/12/asp-net-core-2-1-0-preview2-now-available/
Publishing to Azure
So now for the harder part. I saw from a blog post that Azure App Service will start deploying 2.1 RC next week.
But the the impatient me, went ahead used the .NET Core Tool Installer.
I used the name from the release notes https://github.com/dotnet/core/blob/master/release-notes/releases.csv
Broke my build saying that the .NET Core Package name is wrong.
But I saw this GitHub Issue thread that says use “To use 2.1.0-RC -> to download SDK, use “2.1.300-rc1-008673”. And to download runtime, use “2.1.0-rc1”.
Viola! That works!
Now for the fun part.
Using UseHttpsRedirection and HTTPClient Extensions!
That’s all for now!